Here you can learn, how to transfer your WordPress site to new Hosting.
Why we need to transfer WordPress site to new host?
Sometimes you may need to move your WordPress site to new hosting or server, due to facing technical problem, hacker attack and limited features. your plugins, themes , comments, keywords, meta tittles and description, entirely will transfer to new hosting with simple and easy guide.
Transferring WordPress site to new hosting provider:
I’m sharing with you, complete guide about transferring WordPress site to new hosting provider.
- Bluehost latest discount Offer 25% OFF, Get this deal now
- How to Fix Permalink 404 Post Error While Transfer Web Hosting.
Step 1: You need to download backup files and export database from previous hosting provider
- First you need to download WordPress website folder on root directory from previous hosting provider, in Zip format via FTP file manager.
Export your website Database
- In this step, you need to export your website SQL database on phpMyAdmin from previous hosting provider.
This is your Database section, you need click to open PhpMyAdmin first, for exporting.
Now you’re in PhpMyAdmin,Click to Export button first.
Then finally, click to GO! and its download.
Step 2 : Upload your WordPress website folder and create Database in new host provider for transferring:
Uploading WordPress website folder in root directory:
- You need to upload your WordPress website folder in root directory, which you have been downloaded from previous hosting provider. you can upload website folder via FTP file manager or Filezila (folder should be in zip format), then unzip the folder.
Creating Database for importing SQL Database from previous to new hosting provider:
- You need to create an database for importing SQL database from previous to new hosting provider for transferring process.
You need click on “New Database”, and enter the following information, then click to Setup, you’ll see the database details,
This is your Database details,
Now, you need to import your SQL database in your new host database.
Click to Import button
Click to “Choose file” Button, and select your downloaded SQL Database from previous host.
Step 3 :Addon your Domain with new host provider:
You must be Addon your domain with your new host provider,
You need to enter the following details for Addon domain.
Step 4: Point your Domain with new host DNS server:
This is one of the most essential part for transferring, you must be replace your previous DNS server with new host DNS server. (You must be point your webspace directory with your domain )
Final Step 5 : Configuring wp-config.Php file:
This is your final step for transferring, in this you need to edit and configure wp-config.php file in WordPress site folder from root directory, and add your database details get from new host.
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘Enter Your DB Name’);
/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘Enter DB Username’);
/** MySQL database password */
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘Enter DB Password’);
/** MySQL hostname */
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘EnterYour DB Host’);
This is your wp-config.Php file in your WordPress site directory.it’s Done!